Malilangwe Private Wildlife Reserve is set on 130 000 acres of private wilderness in Zimbabwe and is one of the most pristine wildlife areas in southern Africa. The region is embraced by the Malilangwe Mountain range and is home to a wide variety of game.
The private reserve boasts an unusual habitat consisting of rocky outcrops and baobab trees, and as a result attracts vast amounts of unique animals and birdlife.Pamushana means “a place in the sun”, and this world-renowned safari lodge offers every modern comfort in a pristine setting.
The one thing that sets Pamushana apart from other wildlife lodges in Africa is the fact that it offers a pristine wilderness, virtually untouched by mankind. The wildlife at Malilangwe Private Reserve is abundant in every sense. The region is home to 70 Black Rhino – one of the world’s largest concentrations of this endangered species. In terms of birdlife, Malilangwe is home to over 400 species (representing 4% of all the species of birds in the whole world) including 14 types of eagle. The ‘big five’, a variety of small antelope including klipspringer, oribi, grey duiker, steenbok, grysbok and suni are all found in the region as well as the painted hunting dogs and nyala.
FOOD & BEVERAGE
- Pamushana bears the highly regarded Relais & Châteaux stamp of approval. This means the lodge adheres to the five Relais & Châteaux ‘5 C’ philosophy which constitutes: Courtesy, Charm, Character, Calm and Cuisine.
- The chefs at Pamushana are highly-skilled in bringing together the best international influences combined with a touch of Africa.
- Enjoy world-class cuisine either in the elegant dining room or on your private deck.
- Food is of a very high standard, and vegetarian or other dietary preferences can be catered for providing the camp is advised in advance.
- Early-morning and early-evening game drive complete with your guide and tracker.
- Walking safaris are also an exciting option.
- Spotlight drives pursuing nocturnal animals are available in the evenings.
- There are a number of hides situated near waterholes where one can watch animals without disturbing them
- One can enjoy tiger fishing, on the lake at sunset or go on an excursion to visit over thirty rock art sites in the area, which date back over 2000 years.
- Golf is also an option and there are three golf courses nearby. Pamushana has a fully equipped tennis court with equipment available at the lodge.
NEED TO KNOW
- Electricity: 220v
- Check In: 14h00
- Check out: 11h00
- Health Requirements: Pamushana is in a Malaria area and all guests are therefore strongly advised to take a course of anti-Malaria prophylactics.
- By Air: To reach Pamushana one can either fly from Harare or Johannesburg. From either city,it’s a short flight to the local Buffalo Range airport, for a quick and easy customs clearance.
- Federal Air fly to/from Pamushana on Mondays and Thursdays.
- Guests are met by Pamushana personnel for secure transfer through to the lodge.
- There is a private airstrip for guests arriving by private plane.
- By Road: It is a 5hr trip from Harare and 6-8hrs from Johannesburg.
- Six elegant suites and one exclusive villa offering the ultimate luxury in a truly African setting.
- The design of the lodge incorporates the environment where possible, with the use of sun bleachedleadwood trunks, thatch and sandstone boulders.
- Pamushana has telephone, internet and fax facilities.
- In terms of security, the Malilangwe Private Reserve is very safe – situated in the countryside everymeasure has been taken to ensure the safety of guests. The region is perfectly safe and the exclusivity of the lodge means that guests have this wild tract of Africa all to themselves.
- All rooms have been equipped with a safe.
Singita Pamushana is an elegant oasis consisting of six elegant suites and one exclusive villa offering the ultimate luxury in a truly African setting. The lodge is located on a promontory overlooking the Malilangwe Lake and offers a diverse habitat that is home to an array of wildlife species.
End to end personalised service & 24 hour emergency travel support